Thread: Anyone tried banana ice cream?

Anyone tried banana ice cream?

I found this recipe: http://paleoleap.com/banana-ice-cream/

I'm not a paleo-diet-eater usually but usually their recipes are a great source of gluten free options so I check them out. This looks a lot healthier and easier on the tummy than dairy based ice cream but is it really as easy as the recipe makes it seem?

It's absolutely as simple as it appears in that post. Just peel, chop, and freeze the bananas. Then blend to smooth and freeze again to firm up if you want ice cream texture or just eat it as is if you like milk shake texture. It's not really ice cream but it's creamy and smooth enough to take the edge off an ice cream craving. Banana is mild enough that you can add other flavors to it too - I like to add berries, dark chocolate, or peanut butter. If you want a little sweeter, you can add a little sugar or honey or whatever your preferred sweetener is, though I guess that's not strictly paleo.

I’d like to give that a try. I think I would like it with a little chocolate syrup drizzled on top. Maybe some nuts too.

Thank you! I'll have to grab some bananas and give it a try then if it's as easy as it looks. I'm looking forward to taste-testing it and trying different toppings.

Ive tried this, its so easy and it taste just like ice cream

I usually stick my overripe bananas in the freezer and then when ever i remember. I just take them out and throw them in the blender.

so delicious, i usually top mine with pecans and also use maple syrup!

Yessss!

We call it banana "nice" cream, so delicious and i dont feel guilty eating it haha

This sounds like a great way to encourage my kids to eat more fruit once the weather gets warmer. Thank you for posting about it.