Thread: Sao Goncalo Restaurant Lagos Portugal

Sao Goncalo Restaurant Lagos Portugal

I ate at the Sao Goncalo Restaurant in Lagos two nights ago, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere of the restaurant. I ordered smoked salmon for a starter and it came out on a bed of lettuce with some grated carrot and a lovely dressing, there was plenty of salad and salmon on the plate and it was delicious!! I don't think i have had better smoked salmon before. For main course i had the peppered steak, and oh my goodness was it good! I ordered it medium rare and thats exactly how it came, cooked to perfection and so tender! The pepper sauce was to die for also. The steak came with a side of nice chips. I was too stuffed to have dessert. But i did very much fancy the chocolate mousse...

Quote Originally Posted by LilyJ View Post
    I ate at the Sao Goncalo Restaurant in Lagos two nights ago, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere of the restaurant. I ordered smoked salmon for a starter and it came out on a bed of lettuce with some grated carrot and a lovely dressing, there was plenty of salad and salmon on the plate and it was delicious!! I don't think i have had better smoked salmon before. For main course i had the peppered steak, and oh my goodness was it good! I ordered it medium rare and thats exactly how it came, cooked to perfection and so tender! The pepper sauce was to die for also. The steak came with a side of nice chips. I was too stuffed to have dessert. But i did very much fancy the chocolate mousse...

Oooh I loooove Salmon! bet it was delicious

mmmm sounds good. Traditional Portuguese foods are soo tasty! do you live in Portugal then? do you eat many Pastel De Natas there?