Thread: Finding Gluten Free Products

Finding Gluten Free Products

Before we came to Florida, I used to just go to the organic aisles of Giant and grab gluten free stuff - pasta, cookies, even convenience foods like mac & cheese in a box. Now, in Florida, none of the stores are familiar or have familiar layouts, except Wal-Mart, which I try to avoid. Finding gluten free foods was becoming a hassle. I started using Amazon to source gluten free pasta and gave up on the gluten-substitute perishable items. I've been trying to go with fresh as the only real way to be sure that there's no gluten in it.

I grabbed a pack of beef jerky from the store yesterday as a quick lunch on the go. I thought beef jerky would be safe. Nope. Why is there gluten in the beef jerky? Nothing is safe.

Where do you look to find gluten free products?

Trader Joes!

You'll definitely find a wide variety of gluten free products there. Whole foods has much more selections but of course they are more pricey

my boyfriend and I call whole foods "Whole Check" lol

Fresh foods are really your best bet. You could go the whole way paleo or primal and avoid all grains even. You'd probably feel great! Substituting gluten-free versions of wheat based foods doesn't really change your eating habits. Your body would probably appreciate some foods that are easier to digest.